NUMANA: SERVING THE HUNGRY AT HOME
Throughout the past four years we have been able to serve over 30million meals to countless children and families around the globe. Because of our supporters, donors, and over 170,000 volunteers; we have been able to provide much needed help to schools, orphanages, hospitals, and disaster relief organizations.
Numana is excited to introduce a new way to serve the hungry in America. Event hosts now have the option of packaging meals for American use, international use, or both. Last summer, during a summer feeding program for children, we were able to try some food options and put together a meal that is nutritious, affordable, and is very well liked. We will be able to package this American version at 30 cents per meal. The meal is similar to our international meal in that it is a great base that can be altered easy and affordably to make different meals.
As we have researched the hunger issue in America, we understand that there is a large need for assistance, especially for children. It is crucial for children to have adequate nutrition in the early stages of their brain development. Hungry children are 4 times more likely to need mental health counseling in life if they grew up with food insecurity, as well as numerous other medical and developmental issues. Through a Numana packaging event, you have an opportunity to assist in this growing need.
Hunger Facts in America:
- In 2012, 49 million American lived in food insecure households, 33.1 adults and 15.9 million children
- In 2012, 6.2 million households accessed emergency food assistance from a food pantry or soup kitchen one or more times
- In 2011, over 4.8 million senior citizens were living with food insecurity
Numana events provide organizations and companies across the nation the opportunity to serve others with a hands-on experience that resonates with volunteers.
Some benefits of hosting a Numana Event:
- Provides a hands on project in which any age or skill level can participate
- Gives a practical way to address local and international hunger
- Builds unity in a group or community of people
- Facilitate leadership development
- Turns your donation dollars into a public event that promotes your business/organization
To learn about different meal preparation options, click Numana Recipes